This plan contains five lessons that include the following activities:
The Catastrophe Scale
- Activity 1 – Introducing and making a Catastrophe Scale
- Activity 2 – Rating problems according to the Catastrophe Scale
- Activity 3 – How do problems make us feel?
- Activity 4 – What can you do about problems? Introducing the Ask Ed App
- Activity 5 – How can I get a problem out of my head? Request to use Ask Ed
- Activity 6 – Draw a problem
- Activity 7 – Make the Catastrophe Scale title
Putting Problems in Perspective
- Activity 8 – Snippet sentence
- Activity 9 – Positive problem resolution
People You Can Trust
- Activity 10 – Sharing problems and asking for help
Focus on the Positive
- Activity 11 – Draw Ed and write a positive message
All the activities have been successfully trialled in schools with students ranging in ages from 5 to 13. Adapt and build on the ideas that work best for you and your students.
Additional resources required for each activity are available below.