Organising Time to Use the Ask Ed App
Using Ask Ed takes organisation and time to work with each student. You are always ‘flat chat’ in class. Working through the Ask Ed app process with a student may take between 3 to 10 minutes.
Finding Time Ideas:
– Use snack and lunch eating time
– Request assistance from leadership
– Pair up with a teaching partner. While one teacher is supervising an activity the other uses Ask Ed with their students. Swap over. Good time to do the Action Picture for the Class Display, Draw Ed, or People I Trust activities.
– Friday afternoons when students may be finishing off work or having Choosing Time
– Using five minutes of your own lunch time or recess
– After school with parents permission
– Make a timetable and let students book in a time to work with you.
– ‘Immediately’ if a child is having a melt down (everybody will feel calmer, more relaxed and can move on in a positive way.)
Using Ask Ed is time well spent. The problems students ‘get out of their head’ can range from a 1 to a 10. You become a mentor and counsellor for your students as they work through the Ask Ed process. (Check Tips for Parents and Teachers)
It got the problem out of my head.
I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
I am feeling much happier.
Relieved it’s outside of me.
Hopefully everything will be fine.
Cleared things up, feel more relaxed.
Now I have ideas in my head.
Made me feel a bit happier.
Getting my problem to Ed was good because I don’t usually do that ‘cos I get a little bit embarrassed.
Fairly good, I have been a long time with the problem, it bottles up and weighs me down.
Positive outcomes for everyone!